Format of the Transport Hack DayPosted: April 8, 2011
With one day to go before the first Lovely Data hack day, I thought I should post something about the format of the day.
As I’ve never run a hack day before I’m not sure if this is the super correct way of doing things, but we can always change things on the day, right?
So, here’s the plan at the moment. (If you need a reminder of what the day is about and where and whens, then please read the main post about the Transport Hack Day.)
- 10.30am-ish to 11am-ish: Overview from me of the day, and calls from people who want help with their programming and / or transport projects – more on that in this post about calls for help
- 11am-ish to 1pm-ish: I’ll shut up and you can start coding, designing, talking, networking, blogging, tweeting or asking questions.
- 1pm-ish: Lunch. It’s not a break so you can just grab some food and carry on hacking if you want to.
- 1pm-ish to 4pm-ish: More coding, designing, talking, networking, blogging, tweeting or asking questions.
- 4pm-ish to 5pm-ish: Show and tell. If you’ve done something during the day you’d like to show to everyone who’s still around, we’ll have a show and tell session to end of the day. If you want to demo stuff to smaller groups before that, I’m not going to stop you. 🙂
- 5pm-ish close: That’ll be it and we can have a well-earned cup of tea. Or something stronger.
That sound OK?